Several schools in Noida received bomb threat emails on Thursday, February 19, sparking widespread anxiety among students, parents and school authorities amid the ongoing Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) examinations.
Officials confirmed that the threats were sent via email. Acting swiftly, Noida Police teams reached the affected campuses and launched thorough security checks. Bomb disposal squads, dog squads and other emergency units were deployed to conduct detailed searches of the premises. As a precautionary measure, students were shifted to safer locations while verification procedures were carried out.
Police said no suspicious objects had been found so far, though search operations were continuing. The incident, occurring during the CBSE Board exams, heightened stress levels among examinees and their families.
The Additional Commissioner of Police (Law and Order), Noida, stated that the police responded immediately upon receiving information about the threats. He said extensive checks were being conducted under the supervision of the Police Commissioner, with teams from the local police, fire brigade, Bomb Disposal and Detection Squad (BDDS), dog squad and anti-sabotage units deployed across schools.
Authorities have reported no adverse findings from any campus to date and are maintaining strict vigilance. The cyber cell is carrying out a detailed technical investigation to trace the origin of the emails. Officials assured the public that the situation remains under control and urged people not to spread or believe rumours.
On Thursday, the Class 12 Board examinations began at 10:30 a.m., while no exam was scheduled for Class 10. A senior police officer said the threats are being treated with utmost seriousness and cybercrime teams have been tasked with identifying the source. All standard security protocols, officials added, have been activated.
The latest incident has revived concerns in the region following a similar episode on January 23, when nearly 20 schools in Noida received bomb threat emails, prompting large-scale search operations. With Republic Day approaching at the time, senior officials coordinated comprehensive security drills involving bomb squads, dog squads and fire services. Those threats were later declared hoaxes.

