Categories: Entertainment

New twist in Rohit Shetty firing case

Published by
Tushar Sharma

Fresh details have emerged in the firing case linked to filmmaker Rohit Shetty, with Mumbai Police claiming that jailed gangster Anmol Bishnoi allegedly monitored the attack through a live video call.

According to the 1,624-page chargesheet, the accused shooter, identified as Deepak Sharma, was first sent to target Shetty’s residence in Mumbai earlier this year. Police said Sharma waited outside the filmmaker’s home for nearly 30 minutes during the initial attempt but panicked and fled without opening fire.

Investigators revealed that Sharma later received a call from Anmol Bishnoi, who allegedly scolded him for failing to carry out the attack. A second attempt was then planned.

Police stated that around 12:45 am on February 1, the accused returned to Shetty’s apartment building in Mumbai’s Juhu area and allegedly fired five rounds toward the first floor. One bullet reportedly struck the glass of a gym inside the building. No injuries were reported in the incident.

The chargesheet further claims that Bishnoi remained connected with the shooter on a live video call throughout the firing and until the accused escaped from the location.

After the attack, Sharma and three others allegedly fled in an autorickshaw to Kalyan in Thane district before later leaving for northern states by train, police said.

Investigators have described the incident as a planned conspiracy allegedly intended to establish the dominance of the Bishnoi gang. So far, Mumbai Police have arrested 15 people in connection with the case, including accused individuals who allegedly claimed responsibility for the firing through a social media post.

Authorities continue to investigate possible links between organised crime networks and high-profile targeting cases in Mumbai.

Tushar Sharma
Published by TDG Network